It’s an exciting time of growth over here at Scout, so we are looking to hire another Systems Administrator to join our Service Team!
Scout started over a decade ago in a basement, because three techs believed that they could provide better IT service aboveground. Now, Scout is a strong, growing provider of outsourced IT and Telephony services and support based in Langley. We even have a real office. Our purpose is to utilize technology to simplify lives, both for our clients and our team, so we are constantly learning and growing to best serve our clients. No two days are the same and we love it! We have a great team of amazing people, all committed to supporting each other, doing things well and having fun at the same time.
We’re looking for a Systems Administrator who cares about doing things well, but also efficiently. Who is good at problem solving and leveraging resources, but also knows when to ask for help. Someone who sees the person behind the problem and who can build positive relationships with our clients and the team. Who is adaptable who and loves to be challenged daily.
What does that look like?
- Providing friendly and professional support to our clients, primarily remote, but also onsite
- Troubleshooting hardware, software, systems and network issues
- Continuing to learn about new technologies and troubleshooting techniques
- Identifying, communicating, and resolving opportunities for improvements for our clients and within Scout
- Increasing collective team knowledge and being a subject matter expert or resource to others
What do we look for?
- A Scout culture fit. We’re looking for servant leaders that work well with others
- Tier 2/3 technician with experience in mixed PC and Mac IT environments. MSP experience an asset
- Experience deploying and maintaining key Microsoft software such as Windows Server (AD/GP/DFS) 2012+, Exchange 2010+, SharePoint 2013+ and Office365 suite
- Experience with administrating and maintaining virtualization technologies, such as Hyper-V and VMWare
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills – ability to translate technical information into user-friendly terms in person and on the phone
- Collaborative team players, with experience handling escalations and being a resource for others
- You are self-motivated and focused, with excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated understanding of and interest in how things work, not just how to fix them
- Experience with key vendors Ubiquiti, SonicWALL, Synology, Dell, HP, 3CX, Avaya IP an asset
- A Valid BC Driver’s license with a clean driving record
What are the benefits of working at Scout?
- Collaborative team environment with supportive co-workers who want to help you succeed
- 5% practical Grow Me time per month, along with a wealth of in-house experience
- A wide variety of clients and technologies to keep things interesting and provide ongoing growth opportunities
- Monthly company events, including regular pub nights, goal driven outings and LAN nights
- Free gym in the building
- Automated coffee machine and fridge full of delicious drinks
Apply by email at email@example.com