Scout started over a decade ago in a basement, because three techs believed that they could provide better IT service aboveground. Now, Scout is a strong, growing provider of outsourced IT & Telephony services & support based in Langley. We even have a real office. Our purpose is to utilize technology to simplify lives, both for our clients & our team, so we are constantly learning & growing to best serve our clients. No two days are the same & we love it! We have a great team of amazing people, all committed to supporting each other, doing things well & having fun at the same time.
We’re looking for a Systems Administrator who cares about doing things well, but also efficiently. Who is good at problem solving & leveraging resources, but also knows when to ask for help. Someone who sees the person behind the problem & who can build positive relationships with our clients & the team. Who is adaptable who & loves to be challenged daily.
What does that look like?
- Providing friendly & professional support to our clients, primarily remote, but also onsite
- Troubleshooting hardware, software, systems & network issues
- Continuing to learn about new technologies & troubleshooting techniques
- Identifying, communicating, & resolving opportunities for improvements for our clients & within Scout
- Increasing collective team knowledge & being a subject matter expert or resource to others
What do we look for?
- A Scout culture fit. We’re looking for servant leaders that work well with others
- Tier 2/3 technician with experience in mixed PC & Mac IT environments. MSP experience an asset
- Experience deploying & maintaining key Microsoft software such as Windows Server (AD/GP/DFS) 2012+, Exchange 2010+, SharePoint 2013+ & Office365 suite
- Experience with administrating & maintaining virtualization technologies, such as Hyper-V & VMWare
- Excellent spoken & written communication skills – ability to translate technical information into user-friendly terms in person & on the phone
- Collaborative team players, with experience handling escalations & being a resource for others
- You are self-motivated & focused, with excellent time management skills & attention to detail
- Demonstrated understanding of & interest in how things work, not just how to fix them
- Experience with key vendors Ubiquiti, SonicWALL, Synology, Dell, HP, 3CX, Avaya IP an asset
- A Valid BC Driver’s license with a clean driving record
What are the benefits of working at Scout?
- Collaborative team environment with supportive co-workers who want to help you succeed
- 5% practical Grow Me time per month, along with a wealth of in-house experience
- A wide variety of clients & technologies to keep things interesting & provide ongoing growth opportunities
- Monthly company events, including regular pub nights, a camping trip & LAN nights
- Free gym in the building
- Automated coffee machine & fridge full of delicious drinks