Scout started over a decade ago in a basement, because three techs believed that they could provide better IT service aboveground. Now, Scout is a strong, growing provider of outsourced IT and Telephony services and support based in the Lower Mainland. We even have a real office. Our purpose is to utilize technology to simplify lives, both for our clients and our team, so we are constantly learning and growing to best serve our clients. No two days are the same and we love it! We have a great team of amazing people, all committed to supporting each other, doing things well and having fun at the same time.
We’re looking for a Systems Administrator who works hard and smart. Someone who is adaptable, always learning, and who loves to be challenged daily. The Systems Administrator’s primary role is to work closely with our clients to support and maintain their technology, while ensuring SLAs and customer satisfaction are maintained.
What does that look like?
- Providing friendly and professional service and support to our clients, both remote and onsite
- Troubleshooting hardware, software, systems and network issues
- Identifying, communicating, and resolving opportunities for improvements within Scout and for our clients
- Increasing collective team knowledge and being a subject matter expert or resource to other techs
What do we look for?
- A Scout culture fit. We’re looking for servant leaders that work well with others
- Tier 2/3 technician with experience in mixed PC & Mac IT environments. MSP experience an asset
- Troubleshooting ability and big picture awareness, while handling escalations
- Experience deploying and maintaining key Microsoft software such as Windows Server (AD/GP/DFS) 2008+, Exchange 2007+, SharePoint 2010+, Skype for Business, and Office 365
- Experience with administrating and maintaining virtualization technologies, such as Hyper-V and VMWare
- You are adaptable and thrive in a constantly changing, fast paced environment
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills – ability to translate technical information into user-friendly terms in person and on the phone
- Collaborative team players
- You are highly self-motivated with excellent time management skills and commitment to personal development
- Experience with key vendors Meraki, SonicWALL, Synology, Dell, HP, 3CX, Avaya IP Office an asset
- A Valid BC Driver’s license with a clean driving record
What are the benefits of working at Scout?
- Automated coffee machine and fridge full of delicious drinks
- Respectful team environment with supportive co-workers who want to help you succeed
- Monthly in-house company pizza lunches and breakfasts
- Free gym in the building
- Quarterly team outings, including an annual RV trip and Client Appreciation event
- 5% Grow Me time per month and company funded training, along with ongoing opportunities to learn from the wealth of in-house experience
- Ping pong table for that competitive outlet.
- Ongoing, community involvement